Automatic Gas — Rising Propane Prices & Propane Supply Concerns
As you are well aware by now, the price you are paying for propane has risen in the past few months. There are many reasons contributing to the shortages, thus higher propane prices:
- Initially demand increased due to an extended grain-drying season that began early this fall.
- hat was compounded by increased residential and commercial demand due to colder-than-normal temperatures across most of North America for extended periods of time.
- That was compounded by increased residential and commercial demand due to colder-than-normal temperatures across most of North America for extended periods of time.
- World market propane prices currently exceed United States prices, which drives exports.
- Plus, the propane pipeline, storage and rail distribution system is in the middle of a transition so that it will be able to handle the extra propane production that is coming on stream. This means the short-term ability to deliver propane has been cut back this winter, but will be expanded for future winters.
While supplies are limited, our customers can rest assured we have the propane to meet your needs. We have propane storage at our local retail plants as well as an off-site bulk storage to serve your needs. We also own our own transports to ensure we get propane to our retail stores that deliver propane to you, our customer.
As far as higher prices are concerned, we are doing everything we can to keep prices down. This also helps ensure all our customers have plenty of propane until we return with more propane at lower prices. Just because prices are rising does not mean we are making more money. It just means the cost for us to purchase propane has risen
We have programs and payment options to assist you in staying on top of your energy expenses. There are also energy assistance programs for qualifying families/households. Call or email us. We can help.
As with the increased demand for propane there is also an increased demand of our time. If we don't answer the phone immediately, please leave a message and we will get back to you as soon as we can - We promise!
Thank you for understanding.